Monday, January 5, 2009

Blue tooth Headset

This post is not a review, but a rant over my frustration with my blue tooth headset this past week. I have a Jabra BT8040 blue tooth headset for my cell phone. I bought this one because it was the cheapest quality one that can work with two cell phones at a time (multi point). Yes, I carry two cell phones, one for work and one for personal use. Last Tuesday I went to Best Buy to buy a new digital camera. I'll write about how cool that is later. I put my headset in my coat pocket and went on my way to feed my tech addiction. When I returned home, I discovered that my headset was no longer in my pocket. I spent the entire week searching everywhere trying to find my electronic earring. Yes, I know I look like a dork when I use it, but I have lost the ability to hold a phone to my ear. By Sunday, I had given up hope of finding the headset and resorted to researching the latest BT's available. After my son's nap we went on a walk up the street to Fry's Electronics. They had a sale on a print server that I couldn't pass up. While browsing the geek's paradise, I saw that they had one BT8040 sitting on the bottom shelf for $10.00 less than what I paid for the one that I lost. I decided to resist and not make an impulse buy. I attribute this decision to not wanting to deal with the Fry's employee manning the wireless row. I swear that he is Harry Tang from the first season of Chuck. He was telling everyone to buy Motorola because they sound better. Anyways, I get home and tell my wife about not buying the BT and she told me that I should have bought it. So I drove back to Fry's, snuck past Harry Tang, grabbed the BT, and made my purchase. When I got home, I charged the battery, updated the firmware, and paired it with both phones. This morning when I got to work, my wife called to ask if I had my new headset. Of course I did, I'm addicted to the thing and wasn't going to make the mistake of loosing it again. The reason she called is that she had just found the one that I lost sitting in a plant outside our front door. So I guess this means that I'll have to get two more cell phones and now have a matching pair of electronic earrings.

1 comment:

  1. i'm hearing the mission impossible music in my head thinking about you sneaking past the crazy fry's guy...awesome.

    ReplyDelete