Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I want my ABC

Last week the switch to digital TV finally happened. I thought that I was fully prepared for the change. I convinced my wife to let me buy a 46" LCD TV along with a digital outdoor antenna. I'm too cheap to pay the $5 a month to Dish Network to get local channels that are available for free over the air. Before the DTV transition, everything worked great. I got all the major networks digital broadcast over my antenna. I was kind of shocked to find post transition I am no longer able to get ABC. What is up with that? I did everything on my end to be prepared. Come to find out our local ABC affiliate that broadcasts to about a mere 1,000,000 viewers has not yet upgraded their antenna for the transition. The antenna they used for their analog broadcast was the same one for their digital broadcast. This happens to be the antenna that they turned off on DTV day. While ABC does have an antenna broadcasting in digital, the signal just isn't strong enough to reach most of Silicon Valley. They are in the process of upgrading. My only hope is that they get this resolved before the next season of Lost. I'm one of those few people that still likes to watch TV in real time.

1 comment:

  1. okay, i kept seeing channel 7's notice streaming across the top of my screen, and i wasn't clear what had happened since i have the comcast on both of my tvs - it's all digital for me. could they BE more lame???? geez. where do we live again?

    ReplyDelete