Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Two things that drive me crazy

Today I had to deal with two different electronic manufacturers that had major flaws in their firmware. The first was an audio conference product that has been on the market for about a year. The product has an interface built into it that I Incorporated into one of my designs. When I went to program the device, the interface was disabled in the software. I called the manufacturer and they informed me that this feature will not be available until the end of the year. The second was a video conferencing unit that has been around for about 3 years. The most recent firmware that they released managed to disable the main control port on the device. This left one of our clients with a system that no longer works. I know that everyone has bugs in their software, but if your going to manufacture professional equipment vital to corporate communications you should be a little more cautious in releasing software ready for implementation.

1 comment: