Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Junk or treasure


Occasionally in my business I have clients that have equipment that is so old, that they ask me to get rid of it. The most recent acquisition was a rack of old audio equipment. Before I saw what equipment they had, I envisioned equipment that I would value and have a use for. I was a bit disappointed when I took my first look and could tell the the gear almost predated my existence. I remember thinking to myself, now I know why they wanted me to dispose of it. Being a recovering electronics pack rat, I let the gear sit around for 6 month and then decided to list it on eBay. To my surprise there is quite a market for this stuff especially internationally. With that I'll end with the time honored quote: "One man's old dusty vintage electronics is another man's pay pal deposit".

No comments:

Post a Comment