Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Exponential Technology

I saw these videos (posted at left) recently and am amazed at how quickly technology changes. With the rapid change, I'm reminded of a tech joke: that in order to keep up with the latest computers, you must buy a new machine every day. These videos also make me think about the future and the control of information. I believe that whoever controls the information controls the world. So this makes me wonder if in the future wars will be fought without weapons but with computers, and instead of fighting over the various typical reasons, the fight will be over information and who controls it. My final thought is are we on the verge of building machines that are too smart? Good luck on keeping up with the latest technology.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpEnFwiqdx8

No comments:

Post a Comment