Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hospital wifi and child birth

Tonight my wife and I went on a hospital tour to prepare for our second child. I was glad to hear the woman leading the tour highlight the fact that the hospital does have wifi. I bring this up because a lot seems to have changed as far as peoples' views regarding technology involved with momentous events in life. Three years ago I was on a hospital tour before the birth of my son. On this tour I asked if the hospital had wifi. I was instantly scorned by everyone else on the tour, except for my wonderful wife. The other people on the tour thought,"How dare you think of even touching a computer at any point during the three to four day hospital stay for child birth!" For some reason this backward thinking group didn't see how technology can help them instantly share this moment with friends and family. So I was relieved that the tour guide highlighted the wifi access and was amazed that this time no one batted an eye. As for me I brought my iPod to test the access at the hospital. This time around I have even more tools like Twitter and Facebook to share this incredible event.

1 comment: