Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Liquid HD

I recently found out about an upcoming technology that promises to simplify the interconnectivity, control, and distribution of home electronics. It's called Liquid HD (http://www.liquidhd.com/) and is being developed by a local company called Silicon Image. Now I know some of you are hoping that this is a box that liquefies any electronic device that you are frustrated with. While others may think it's marketing hype for a high definition energy drink. (the term high definition is becoming way too overused). What it actually is, is a technology that connects various electronic devices, such as TVs, DVD players, and game consoles together through a network. Once connected, any device can be used anywhere on the network. An example would be that you could use you kids' Nintendo Wii ,which may be located in their bedroom, on the living room TV, while someone else uses the living room satellite receiver to watch TV on the built-in screen on the outside of the refrigerator door. Also, remote control signals travel through the network to control whatever device is being used. If this technology works it should make every one's lives easier. I just wish I knew it was available before I spent a couple of days crawling under the house running cables from my computer to my TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment