Tuesday, July 28, 2009

New laptop and getting organized

I finally convinced my boss that I needed a new laptop for work. It arrived this last week and is wonderful. The new laptop is a Lenovo and has a keyboard where all of the keys actually work. My previous laptop was a Toshiba that I inherited from a co-worker that was fired. So by the time I received it, it was already pretty worn in. At the time it was a great improvement from my Compaq brick. I got some good use out of the Toshiba for about 3 years. But it had started to become so sluggish and I was starting to get regular BSD's (blue screen of death). I was becoming concerned that the hard drive was getting ready to die. In the tech world they say it's not a matter of if a hard drive will crash but when. From the first time I opened the Lenovo I was quite impressed as to how fast it booted up and how fast applications would open up. Not wanting to clutter up this new laptop, I decided I need to work on my computer organization. I'm really bad at managing electronic files, programs, and e-mail. My computer desktop looks as messy as my real desktop, which goes hand in hand with my messy office and car trunk. So to help me with my organization, I downloaded an audio book from audible.com called Getting Things Done. We'll see if this finally helps me.

1 comment:

  1. i despise a cluttered computer desktop! somehow, i manage to keep that (and not much else) organized. good luck!!

    btw, thanks for listing both of my blogs on your blog!! you rock!!

    ReplyDelete